Uniroyal has spent over 30 years specifically developing tyres that keep drivers safe in rainy conditions. Safety on wet roads is one of the most common concerns UK drivers have with data showing that road accidents are twice as likely to occur in wet conditions.
Uniroyal tyres have been engineered to deliver outstanding grip in the wet and protect against aquaplaning which is why they’re such a popular choice. Available in sizes to suit all vehicles, as well as in all-season and winter options they are a high-quality yet affordable tyre that’s both reliable and safe. The are often referred to as “The Rain Tyre”.
Uniroyal RainExpert 5
The Uniroyal RainExpert 5 is a high-performance summer tyre designed for passenger cars. The RainExpert 5 features shark-skin technology and aqua-twist sipes to eliminate road water quickly, ensuring very high levels of grip on wet roads.
- Engineered to prevent aquaplaning and keep you safe on wet roads
- Uniquely designed tread pattern for a smooth, quiet ride
- Newly developed rubber compound for longer lasting performance and improved mileage.
Uniroyal RainSport 5
The Uniroyal RainSport 5 is a sporty tyre designed for superior steering control and performance, especially in the wet. Featuring Uniroyal shark-skin technology and aqua-twist sipes that rapidly channel surface water away from underneath the tyre, allowing for incredible grip in rainy, wet conditions.
- Best in class grade A for wet grip
- Designed to last longer and wear more evenly.
- Have a hidden groove in the tread designed to maintain high levels of grip as the tread wears down.
Uniroyal RainSport 3 SSR Runflat
The Uniroyal RainSport 3 is a mid-range run-flat tyre designed to deliver superior control and a high level of wet grip thanks to Uniroyal shark-skin technology. The SSR “self-supporting run-flat” technology makes this tyre an excellent choice for BMW or Mini owners wanting an affordable run-flat tyre that’s high quality and safe in the wet.
- Best in class grade A for wet grip
- Designed for vehicles that need SSR runflat technology
- Fast Curve Configuration and flexible tread blocks for safe cornering at high speeds
Uniroyal AllSeasonExpert 2
The Uniroyal AllSeasonExpert 2 is an all-weather tyre designed to keep you safe in wet conditions as well as delivering enhanced grip in snow and ice. This all-season tyre can be safely used throughout the year from summer right through to winter.
- Safe driving in wet conditions and protection from aquaplaning
- Superior handling on dry roads, providing precise control
- Enhanced grip and traction in snowy conditions
Uniroyal RainMax 3
The Uniroyal RainMax 3 is designed to provide vans and commercial vehicles with high levels of wet grip and safety in rainy conditions. New technology also improves mileage and saves on fuel.
- Extremely safe grip and shorter braking distances on wet roads
- Outstanding handling and control on dry roads
- Improved fuel efficiency
Uniroyal SnowMax 3
The Uniroyal SnowMax 3 is a specialist winter tyre for vans and commercial vehicles. It features advanced technology that allows van drivers to stay safely on the road in both wet and snowy conditions.
- Safe driving with increased traction in snow and ice
- Superior grip on wet or slushy roads with protection against aquaplaning
- Improved winter compound for longer lasting tread and better fuel economy
FAQ's about Uniroyal Tyres
Uniroyal tyres are a mid-range tyre brand known for producing Uniroyal “Rain Tyres” which are designed to give very high-levels of grip in wet, rainy conditions.
Uniroyal tyres are manufactured by premium tyre manufacturer Continental.
In 1868 former Belgian artillery officer Oscar Englebert opened a small shop in Liege selling rubber goods. Englebert started manufacturing bicycle tyres and then car tyres and just before the outbreak of World War One, he developed a new zig-zag tread pattern which made a significant difference to performance, helping to prevent skidding. By the late 1950s Englebert Tyres has caught the attention of US Rubber and the businesses decided to join forces. The Uniroyal-Englebert brand was born. Within a decade it was decided to rename the brand Uniroyal and in 1969 the first Uniroyal rain tyre was invented.
A Uniroyal “rain tyre” is a tyre that have been specifically developed to be safe in wet conditions. The Uniroyal rain tyre has water-deflecting properties thanks to the directional V-shaped tread and their renowned Shark Skin Technology. Uniroyal tyres are designed to keep you safe on the road at all times – even when conditions are wet.
Uniroyal tyres are high quality tyres at a mid-range price. As they’re made by premium tyre manufacturer Continental they benefit from high-tech development and design whilst still being an affordable tyre.